It's very difficult to assess the interior condition of the receiver, as the only access is via 1/2" BSP bosses, ( luckily, pipe threads are one of the few things un-metricerisated by the Revolution! ) - I tried to get hold of an endoscope this morning without luck. Even then, how to interpret the implications of what I may see? Externally there is little sign of 'tin-worm', even under the skirt. The shell is welded up from 4mm (0.16") plate, based on some fiddling with 'L' shaped strip and a depth gage. Bearing in mind I put 220psi hydraulic pressure on, I think that the modest 90psi I'm planning will be safe enough. I thought about putting in some kind of rust proofing paint? bitumen? and swilling it about to stem any further corrosion? WDYT?
As to the pressure switch, yes, it is well made, and it weighs 7lbs 4oz in its socks! The contacts are really sound. My reservation is the diaphragm. If that looks sound/simple to replace I'll give it a go.
The unloader, (that's the little air-cylinder with the cranks off the switch arm in pic 2.) will also need attention, as its blowing lube oil into the unit. Also I'm not sure what's inside the adjuster boss (LH, bottom just behind the unloader). That looks ominously large for a 5/16" (8mm) thread adjusting screw- I bet theres a mechanism in there for re-start at lower pressure, (tripping the breakers).
Back to the bench, more anon!

Alan

Wood work but can't!