Ryan... Is someone else posting on your name?! It doesn't sound like you....

I deal with a lot of showrooms that deal in foriegn light fixtures, (Italian) and our Inspectors will have them removed if not listed. A local AHJ call...

They are required to be listed if in wet location, and/or high intensity discharge. And low voltage lighting too. And I'm sure the fixture itself is covered for listing, and required to be. But, you may be right about fixure shades????Hmmm...?

------------------------------
Oh... Found some commentary from 110.3B
"In itself, 110.3 does not require listing or labeling of equipment. It does, however, require considerable evaluation of equipment. Section 110.2 requires that equipment be acceptable only if approved. The term approved is defined in Article 100 as acceptable to the authority having jurisdiction. Before issuing approval, the authority having jurisdiction (also defined in Article 100) may require evidence of compliance with 110.3(A). The most common form of this evidence considered acceptable by authorities having jurisdiction is a listing or labeling by a third party.
Some sections in the Code require listed or labeled equipment, such as 250.8, which includes the phrase “listed pressure connectors, listed clamps, or other listed means.” "

Ryan, would you let the pie tin fly? So to speak....

[This message has been edited by e57 (edited 08-15-2004).]

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason