[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Since I didn't have much time to figure out how to post a picture, I thought I would send it to you and see if you (or anyone else) can help me. Sorry for being the newbie and not know how to do this. I promise I will read the FAQ but I wanted to post this before the inspector comes to my house tomorrow (Wed 2/19/03).

This is a picture of my range feeder that I found before the house burned down. The house is 4 years old. The other night, my wife called out that fire was coming out from around the stove. I turned off the breaker (it never did trip) and pulled the stove out. This is what I found. #6 AL wire pigtailed with wirenuts to the copper wire from the range. The sign on back of the range said to only use COPPER wire. The wirenuts are NOT listed for joining cu and al and there was no inhibitor on the joints. I fixed it by installing a CU/AL receptacle and a plug on the range. The weekend before, I found in my attic a 120VAC wire coming off a receptacle that was thrown back onto the rafters. I taped it before I took a picture of it and left it until the AHJ comes and looks at that also. So much for workman-like installation. I think I will do my next house myself.

Bruce Chase