No idea. I couldn't pull any of the plugs to look at it closely 'cause he had lotsa important stuff plugged into that mess (cell phone charger, battery charger, clock,...), he struggled enough to get a spare socket for my hairdryer. Only obviuos thing is that no adaptor was used.
The appartment was a nightmare. Closet doors falling out of their hinges (heavy old wood dors), kitchen ceiling sagging at least 6", window wouldn't close any more (5" gap always remained), bathroom door wouldn't lock any more, radiators being only in the kitchen and master bedroom (my room was always cold, outside temp just slightly above freezing point, wind and heavy rain, one day temp went up to 55 F, we cheered and tanned *grin*), a fan rotating BELOW three naked compact flourecents, light switches that were so worn out they worked at the slightest touch, GOLDEN wall plates (or at least it was supposed to be, I've never seen anything that ugly before) and everything was TINY. Common belief in Europe is, that in America everything is BIG. However, this is kinda cliché, I think. America isn't a TV show, and New York isn't Texas or Arizona.