I was just thinking that it would be nice to have a rating system set up for GC's that work nation wide or at least somwhere we could comment about a particular contractor, good or bad, where we could search by contractor name before we work for them.

As most of you know by my recent topic "Better Offer?", I have taken a job with a large electrical contractor in my area. The problem now is it looks like I'm going to have to chase my money for the last job that we did, a Rent-A-Center store in a strip mall, for a contractor from Michigan.

The contractor has no dispute about the cost or quality of work and was supposed to pay within two weeks of completion. It has been four weeks now. We were slow at the time we took the job. And they owe us $6,000.00.

Not getting this money is putting a hurt'in on us to put it mildly.

Every time I call they say "The check is in the mail. Call back in a few days if you don't get it".

I wait a few days and call then they say "Oh, fax the invoice, maybe we don't have your address. We'll mail it right out..."

Call again..."You mean you didn't get it yet? Hmpf, Call the accounting department tomorrow. Give them your address & the invoice amount and have them check on it..."

I'm not sure but this sounds like the run around to me... what do you guys think?

I really can't afford to wait a year for the legal system to work. Any suggestions.

Where's our friendly neighborhood lawyer?

(My company is in PA)