[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Here are some pictures I took last year when I was in San Diego. These are new homes less than 10 miles from Lego land in a development of 1500 homes.

Top: 3 gang box is over crowded with wires. 3 wires being pinched by overdriven, uninsulated staple. Clamps in box bent down and totally useless. Less than 6 inches of free conductor on neutrals and no grounds pigtailed for switches. (maybe CA still uses 96 code?) AND THIS IS JUST ONE BOX!!!

Next picture: This is a back view of an "all in one" panel common out west. Notice how all the cables are bundled tightly together above panel. Also, the RX right below the blue outlet box is bent too sharply and the staple is pinching the wire.

Bottom Picture: Front view of all-in-one. Top 8 breakers labelled "Lighting." 3 breakers not labelled at all. Tandem 15 breaker mismarked as "Oven."

I also found crooked/loose nail-on boxes, loose wirenuts, overdriven staples eveywhere, and any other violation you could imagine.

The sad part is these all the wiring I saw was like this, with no regard for good wokmanship. And these are just a few examples of what the wiring is like in these "luxury homes" that start at $550K!!

Anyway, I know some of you might think I'm being really picky but I would get fired if I did work like this.

Questions? Comments?

-CTwireman (Peter)