If your boss quoted the customer a price on this job, I'm not sure what I would do. I would probably have to tell him that someone else needs to do it. If the job is being done on a T&M basis, I would make the existing installation as safe as possible without "running the tab up to high." Then, I'm sure that there is a "description of work" section on your work order form, I would describle the problem, and have the customer sign it. If he refuses to sign it, I would have your shop put the same description on the invoice when they bill the customer on the next billing cycle. Good luck with this one......it's a shame your are in this position. If I went to the doctor, and he told me that I had a condition that would possibly kill me, I would hope that I would be smart enough to listen to what he said, and correct the problem. We are the "doctors of electrical work". If the patient (customer) doesn't listen to us, how can we "cure" the "disease"? The above looks like a "2 asprin cure" for open heart surgery.