I had a Dewalt 14.4 recip saw for about 5 years and really had no complaints. I also had the 14.4 driver/drill and 1/2" hammer drill. The hammer drill didn't last too long and died in about a year and a half. I bought a Porter Cable 14.4 3/8" driver drill about 2 years ago and put it to use shooting tek screws in purlins every day hanging 1/2 and 3/4 EMT. I couldn't believe a battery could last all day(about 150-200 screws)but they did. I went on to buy the 14.4 drill with 1/2" chuck and another hammer drill version for setting tapcons. I love the Porter cable drills and after 2= years of daily use/abuse they still work like new. The batteries still last just as long and are all still good. I never got much more than a year and a half out of Dewalt 14.4s before they wouldn't hold a charge anymore. I did replace my 14.4 Dewalt recip saw with an 18V Dewalt this spring. I demo'd the Porter Cable 19V and the Millwaukee Hatchet but found them too heavy and unbalanced for one hand operation(like cutting PVC and EMT).
Put me down for Porter Cable driver/drills and Dewalt recip saws.