David:
As bad as the violations appear in the other pix, the service equipment looks to be the worst of all. I'm not an electrician, but there are a number of things which seriously concern me; 1)the fact that there is so much "double lugging" (or triple or quadruple lugging) going on in the main disco; 2) I'm not sure, but it even looks like something has been added to the line-side of the switch (it appears that the main conductors enter through the back of the box, and there is a tap to another disco somewhere which exits from the top of the box); 3) It looks as if that fusible MDP has become several sizes too small over the years, evidenced by the additional feeder main CB's at the top and bottom on the right side; 4) there appears to be a filler plate missing from the bottom of the MDP (is that where the main lugs are located...?); 5) And to all this, the owner/manager wants you to add another 100a. sub-panel (kinda like pouring 3 gallons of water into a one gallon bucket)?

I don't see how anyone can expect a service installation to last forever. This particular one looks to be well past it's life expectancy.

Kinda interesting to notice that the MDP, the main disco, and the four smaller switches beneath, are mounted to a large "back-board" while everything else is fastened directly to the cinder block wall.

Just my thoughts...BTW, what kind of a facility is this?

Mike (mamills)