That Subpanel cover looks like one of those nice old 150 Lb, 6 foot long, flimsy as Jell-o covers used on Zinsco type 42 space Subpanels with intregal Lighting Contactor Cabinets (typically housing an 8 pole Asco Lighting Contactor and a Tork Timeclock).

Those covers are a major pain to replace - even by Two people!!! Mainly due from trying to manipulate the cover so it lines up with the floating nut assemblies on the can, and trying to start threading a bolt while that floating nut moves everywhere!!!

I wish I had thought of replacing the top bolt with a fixed stud, then locking down the cover with a wingnut!!!
I am serious!!! This would have eliminated curse word sessions, dropping of covers when bolts did not start as expected, sweating for 10 minutes per panel cover, the possibility of a "Wild / Twisting / Falling / Hell-Bent" panel cover falling into the subpanel or shearing off insulation while it falls straight down - not to mention the broken toes resulting from those darn things falling straight down onto someone's foot!

As long as this would not be a Compliance Issue, I would like to try it next time I run across one of those F..,,,... err.. Fine panel covers!

Scott s.e.t.

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!