Hello all.. Looking over Section 68 and a few questions are coming to mind

This one is really clear, but i'm going to ask the somewhat stupid question anyway,
68-058
Bonding to ground, now ground is defined sort of in 68-058(6) for the purposes of a junction box in 68-060 that it "shall be run to the main distrubtion panelboard"
What i'm getting at here is, is an alternative (secondary) grounding method required (aka grounding rod) at any point in the hot tub installation? It doesn't appear to be required anywhere in section 68 but am i missing it elsewhere?

Section 28 (28-600) Interprets that i require a disconnect within 9m, is it common practice to provide GFCI protection at this disconnect or to use a GFCI breaker and a properly sized exterior disconnect ? Also 68-404 seems to indicate that this disconnect cannot be less than 1m horizontally from the hot tub, so we're looking at between 1 - 9m it seems, anything else apply there?

Sorry for the somewhat lame questions, but co-workers are very interesting in telling me how they've always done it, and thats its always passed, but i'm trying to make sure that i've got everything down pat

thanks