Thanks for the heads up with respect to home-repair stores. If the vehicle heads south, I wonder if Los {no steeking badges} Federales will bat an eyelash.

"Cooperation" between the two countries’ border stations seems variable at best.

[Proceed only if you’ve read every page of DrBukk and are still bored to tears.] aldav53, not to make a bad situation worse, but when I read “…didn’t get…my tool pouch, Milwaukee battery drill, Fluke meter…” for a moment I thought, there’s no chance he wore all that stuff into the store, is there? I saw that happen only once at a supply house a good while back. Some old hayseed gets out of his work truck wearing his tool belt, saunters in and slings his leg up over a stool. This particular supply house would sell just about anybody anything; ‘double end column’ if you looked like you’d still thought you were getting it “wholesale.”

The counter guy who happened to get him was a crusty old dude close to retirement. (That may have been the only job he'd had, ever.) Toolbeltman says, "Gimmuh' sum tew-twhen-nee wahre!" Veins stated popping in the counterman's neck, so I quietly ducked out the door. Later they all said that the old counterguy just about leaped over the counter and strangled the hayseed, and he probably could have done it, too. I think the counterguy got ribbed about "tew-twhen-nee wahre" till the day he left. {…retired now myself.}

[This message has been edited by Bjarney (edited 05-31-2002).]