Hi there,

We have installed a contactor to control all of the lights in a model home for a builder. There is a sales office attached to the house (the garage has been converted) and the switch is located inside the door from the garage to the house. So basically, the sales people flip the switch and all the lights in the house turn on.

That said there is no (currently functioning) control for lighting at the front door or the back door of the house however access to these entrances will be restricted. A person will only be able to enter the house through the sales office. Is this acceptable?

The house is wired so that the contactor can be removed and all the switches in the house can be hooked up should it ever actually be sold. They are simply tied through in each switch box with a "dummy" device installed.

Are there any other not-so-obvious issues with the installation of this contactor that I should be aware of? I can't seem to find a section on "contactors" in the code book. Surely its only because I don't know where to look...

Thanks for your input!
Mike