ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#209229 03/17/13 01:47 PM
Redneck Fan.jpg
G
Redneck Whole House Fan

This is a work around for not being able to find a Dayton 5K574 within 500 miles.
I'm so ashamed wink
11 Comments
T
You need duct tape.

Tesla
G
Yup, that grille is bent out of shape a might.
I have the motor on the way but it ain't arrove yet.

Greg Fretwell
W
Plus the added bonus of not having to worry about positive air pressure blowing insulation and dust through the recessed cans back into the living area. Good thing the newer air-tight cans solved that problem.

G
I am happy to report that this situation was resolved.
Sustainable Supply (.com) got me the motor in 3 days. It was the Grainger part, in a Grainger box, shipped from Grainger for $25 less and free shipping.

Greg Fretwell
N
Originally Posted by gfretwell
I am happy to report that this situation was resolved.
Sustainable Supply (.com) got me the motor in 3 days. It was the Grainger part, in a Grainger box, shipped from Grainger for $25 less and free shipping.

And they made money off you, unless you have a good discount from Grainger they are pricey, the only really good thing about Grainger is most of the time they get it to you quick.

G
If a Grainger rep ever asks my why I have the order 99% done and didn't pull the trigger, it was their web site. I was sent off into never never land somehow and couldn't reach the trigger.
The other guys had a better site.

Greg Fretwell
The WWG site is touchy at times. I went to the phone 99% of the time, or faxed. The local branches were very attentive, and so was the salesman back then.

John
G
Grainger is the place to go for things that are fairly unusual but they are the prime vendor for Dayton motors.

I found out the hard way, years ago, you really need to be careful matching fan blades to motors so I wanted the right one.

Greg Fretwell
They were my source for motors, midget fuses, relays contactors, and a lot of 'stuff' that the electrical supply houses did not carry. Funny, the suppliers used to order from WWG & add a $$.

THe salesman I had used to come up with quotes for fluorescent & HID lamps that was way below the supply house. (in quantities.)

Another great operation is McMaster Carr.

John
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard