Now Available!

Recent Posts
Forum Software Upgrade coming soon...
by Webmaster
21 minutes 40 seconds ago
Re: Fabricating Guards out of Lexan?
by frank
Today at 04:11 PM
Would ELV branch circuits be a good idea?
by gfretwell
Today at 01:26 PM
Why cables look like they do
by Texas_Ranger
Today at 12:33 PM
100% breakers?
by Texas_Ranger
Yesterday at 06:13 AM
New in the Gallery:
Desk-mounted "power-board"
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
HotLine1 20
Webmaster 18
ghost307 12
gfretwell 12
Trumpy 12
Who's Online
1 registered (Webmaster), 0 Guests and 52 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General Discussion Area
Jump to new posts Re: Forum Software Upgrade coming soon... by Webmaster @ 31 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By gfretwellIf you look up in the left corner of Firefox the wheel goes one way when you are sending to the host and the other way when they are sending to you. The 15 seconds may be reflecting latency at the host in accepting my da
General Discussion Area
Jump to new posts Re: Forum Software Upgrade coming soon... by gfretwell @ Today at 06:31 PM

If you look up in the left corner of Firefox the wheel goes one way when you are sending to the host and the other way when they are sending to you. The 15 seconds may be reflecting latency at the host in accepting my data. Actually in my test it re
General Discussion Area
Jump to new posts Re: Forum Software Upgrade coming soon... by Webmaster @ Today at 06:02 PM

testing yet again...
General Discussion Area
Jump to new posts Re: Forum Software Upgrade coming soon... by Webmaster @ Today at 05:52 PM

Another test post add more...
General Discussion Area
Jump to new posts Re: Forum Software Upgrade coming soon... by Webmaster @ Today at 04:50 PM

Originally Posted By HotLine1Greg speaks computer speak! I hope he 'splains himself... it sounds like he know something that might help Bill
Canadian Electrical Code Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Fabricating Guards out of Lexan? by frank @ Today at 04:11 PM

Trumpy, These are older 600v 40hp starter buckets that are also populated with extra low voltage automation.The fusing and O/L'S are brought to as close to FLA as possible on the inspectors orders to get special permission.Heat can be and has been an
Jump to new posts Re: Fabricating Guards out of Lexan? by frank @ Today at 03:24 PM

Ghost, This is true but i just find it insulting to be asked to add shrapnel to my own IED.I told him to go look at the videos and he just stood there and blinked at me like he usually does.No matter i told him to stick it......not doing it....ever.
General Discussion Area
Jump to new posts Re: Forum Software Upgrade coming soon... by HotLine1 @ Today at 03:23 PM

Greg speaks computer speak!
General Discussion Area
Jump to new posts Re: Forum Software Upgrade coming soon... by Webmaster @ Today at 01:28 PM

Originally Posted By gfretwelltest 15 seconds up bound 2 second response. Greg, What does that mean? Please elaborate. Bill
Non-US Electrical Systems & Trades
Jump to new posts Re: Would ELV branch circuits be a good idea? by gfretwell @ Today at 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By geoff in UK Regarding the 5volt mains socket+USB units, what is anyone's experience with reliability? I put one in about two years ago and I'm going to have to replace it as the USB sockets are worn to the point of being intermit
General Discussion Area
Jump to new posts Re: Forum Software Upgrade coming soon... by gfretwell @ Today at 01:16 PM

test 15 seconds up bound 2 second response.
Jump to new posts Re: Why cables look like they do by Texas_Ranger @ Today at 12:33 PM

Cable types for fixed wiring are still something where harmonisation hasn't really caught on. Even most EU countries still largely use national types, although some are fairly similar. Even Austria and Germany, countries that share a common electrica
General Discussion Area
Jump to new posts Re: Forum Software Upgrade coming soon... by HotLine1 @ Today at 12:29 PM

Yes
General Discussion Area
Jump to new posts Re: Forum Software Upgrade coming soon... by Webmaster @ Today at 12:26 PM

Originally Posted By HotLine132 seconds approx. Really not good. Would everyone agree that clicking from post to post is pretty quick? Bill
General Discussion Area
Jump to new posts Re: Forum Software Upgrade coming soon... by HotLine1 @ Today at 12:19 PM

32 seconds approx.
General Discussion Area
Jump to new posts Re: Forum Software Upgrade coming soon... by HotLine1 @ Today at 12:18 PM

test 1234
General Discussion Area
Jump to new posts Re: Forum Software Upgrade coming soon... by Webmaster @ Today at 12:10 PM

Originally Posted By electureabout 24 seconds Not Good... I'm looking for solutions. Bill
General Discussion Area
Jump to new posts Re: Forum Software Upgrade coming soon... by electure @ Today at 12:03 PM

about 24 seconds
General Discussion Area
Jump to new posts Re: Forum Software Upgrade coming soon... by electure @ Today at 12:02 PM

Jump to new posts Re: Fabricating Guards out of Lexan? by ghost307 @ Today at 11:21 AM

I wouldn't worry too much about getting hit with the makeshift plexiglass cover...melted or not. The initial blast will probably kill you if you're not wearing the proper PPE.
Jump to new posts Re: Would ELV branch circuits be a good idea? by ghost307 @ Today at 11:18 AM

As a former kid who had a big electric train set; you run into voltage drop issues in much less than 100' unless you start seriously upsizing the conductors. You'll rapidly reach the point of diminishing returns where it just makes sense to run main
General Discussion Area
Jump to new posts Re: Forum Software Upgrade coming soon... by Webmaster @ Today at 08:52 AM

Test Post 2... How long after pressing submit before the post shows up? Anybody?
Jump to new posts Re: Would ELV branch circuits be a good idea? by geoff in UK @ Today at 03:25 AM

I worked in aerospace, in engineering laboratories where we had to distribute 28volt DC supplies around large areas. A can confirm that we used a LOT of copper in these installations. Not too serious in what is already a high cost environment but wou
Jump to new posts Re: Why cables look like they do by Trumpy @ Today at 02:20 AM

LongRunner, Are you from England originally? Reason I ask that is because you seem to be pretty pendantic about cable types, especially flexible cables. And I also note that you are a student, not an actual electrical worker in Australia, there is a
Jump to new posts Re: Fabricating Guards out of Lexan? by Trumpy @ Today at 12:36 AM

Frank, Your concerns are not un-warranted either, as you've mentioned yourself, this whole thing involves the installation of unapproved modifications to this equipment. In saying that though, we use clear plexi-glass covers held in place with insula
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals