ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Non-US Electrical Systems & Trades
Jump to new posts Re: ASIAN wholesalers - supplement by ghost307 @ Today at 07:47 AM

You might get more attention if you posted all your sentences in the same place instead of starting a new thread for each thought.
Jump to new posts ASIAN wholesalers - supplement by xylstra @ Yesterday at 11:54 PM

Hi, (see my other post) Sorry, forgot to add Malaysia as another country I want trade wholesaler contacts in. Thanks.
General Discussion Area
Jump to new posts Budget Low-Light Video Surveillance Cameras by xylstra @ Yesterday at 11:49 PM

Hi, so far my web search results have been fairly sparse. I would be interested to receive recommendations of any Low-Light (ie NOT IR illuminated) weatherised, outdoor video surveillance cameras with wireless (not IP) connectivity priced at the budg
Jump to new posts ASIAN Wholesalers by xylstra @ Yesterday at 11:41 PM

Can you help? I am intending to travel around Asia doing a few bits of electrical contracting work here and there so I am unfamiliar with their local wholesale electrical trade supply scene. I prefer to stick to the larger chain stores for dependabil
NEC & other Code issues
Jump to new posts Re: Required outlets in residential garage by gfretwell @ Yesterday at 08:32 PM

In the garage I read that you need one receptacle per car "space" 210.52(G)(1) (2 car garage, 2 receptacles)and the circuit serving the garage "shall not supply outlets outside of the garage". It sounds like you can pick up the GD
NEC & other Code issues
Jump to new posts Re: Required outlets in residential garage by sparkync @ Yesterday at 05:56 PM

Well, I still would like the info above, but I think I can install a 2 circuit 30 amp Square D QO panel, for just about $6 or $7 dollars more and I know that would meet the requirements. Thanks
NEC & other Code issues
Jump to new posts Re: Required outlets in residential garage by sparkync @ Yesterday at 05:40 PM

Also another question concerning this project I am speaking of. I'll just have a 12/3 circuit feeding it. The code says I must have a disconnecting means for it and it can be a toggle switch for this application. What I don't understand is that in
NEC & other Code issues
Jump to new posts Required outlets in residential garage by sparkync @ Yesterday at 04:25 PM

With the required outlets for each car opening, is another outlet still required? And the best I can understand, it does not require that the outlets for the car openings to be on separate dedicated circuits. Thanks
NEC & other Code issues
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 NEC by gfretwell @ 02/20/17 02:44 PM

We are still waiting for the 14 here and the 17 will be around 2020 if they stay on the same arc.
NEC & other Code issues
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 NEC by HotLine1 @ 02/20/17 12:34 PM

So far all I have seen on '17 is the PP Changes by Mike Holt. I have not looked at a lot yet. Books will be ordered in a few months. NJ is not 'fast' in adopting the 'new' NEC, into the State UCC. Could be sometime in '18, then again, perhaps so
NEC & other Code issues
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 NEC by gfretwell @ 02/20/17 12:23 PM

First and foremost, NFPA is in the book business. They need to keep those changes coming to sell a full array of new books every 3 years. I am not sure I really feel that much safer tho.
NEC & other Code issues
Jump to new posts 2017 NEC by luckyshadow @ 02/19/17 05:44 PM

Received my 2017 NEC a couple weeks ago. Just received my IAEI Analysis of Changes book. The Analysis of changes is damn near as big as the NEC itself !
General Discussion Area
Jump to new posts Re: Kids these days..... by luckyshadow @ 02/16/17 08:25 AM

Sad to say But that is a sign of the times.. Ever wonder what our parents / grandparents said about us ?
Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 61 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 49
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 18
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
Freecrowder, clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN, Regitest2

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals